Top Shoulder Specialists in New Jersey
We utilize the expertise of our Board Certified and Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeons, Sports Medicine Specialists, and Physical Therapists to develop treatment plans based on your unique injury, lifestyle, and goals.
What is a Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Shoulder arthroscopy is a commonly performed minimally invasive procedure that treats many shoulder injuries. Modern surgical techniques and equipment allow Orthopaedic Institute Brielle Orthopaedics Orthopaedic Institute Brielle Orthopaedics shoulder specialists to perform shoulder surgeries that were once open procedures as arthroscopic procedures. Procedures are performed on an outpatient basis so patients may return home after they are awake and alert and their pain is under control.
Generally, an arthroscopic shoulder procedure proceeds as follow:
- Small incisions are made in the area of the injury
- A small pencil shaped camera (an arthroscope) is passed into the incision
- The surgeon views the shoulder from a nearby television monitor
- Damaged tendons, ligaments or bones can be repaired as the surgeon views the shoulder on the monitor
The patient’s injury determines many of the procedure steps. Arthroscopic shoulder surgery treats the following injuries when they are severe in nature and cannot be improved with nonsurgical treatment options. Some of the most common arthroscopic shoulder procedures are used to treat include:
- Bone spurs in the shoulder.
- Osteoarthritis causes bone and cartilage inflammation that leads to the development of painful bones spurs in the shoulder.
- Labrum tear. The glenoid labrum that holds the shoulder in its socket tears and the shoulder partially or completely dislocates.
- Rotator cuff tear. The rotator cuff tendons that stabilize the shoulder and help it move are partially or completely torn.
Please do not delay a diagnosis if you sustain a shoulder injury or are in pain. Contact us and make an appointment with one of our Shoulder Specialists as soon as possible.
Wall, Brick, Toms River, Freehold, Red Bank, Lacey, Edison, Manahawkin
Visit Urgent Care
Wall, New Jersey