Nicholas A. Phillips, DO
Shoulder, Elbow & Hand
Specializing in Shoulder Replacement
Meet Dr. Phillips
Fellowship-Trained, Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Specializing IN SHOULDER replacement, elbow, hand and upper extremity
Dr. Nicholas A. Phillips is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in upper extremity surgery involving the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand.
Dr. Phillips graduated from Slippery Rock University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. He was enrolled at St. Bonaventure University from 2003 through 2005 with an athletic baseball scholarship and played Division I baseball for the St. Bonaventure Bonnies.
Dr. Phillips graduated from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then completed an orthopedic residency at Mercy Health in Youngstown Ohio. He continued his training with a fellowship in upper extremity surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Hamot.
During his residency through Mercy Health, he trained in general orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, joint replacement, spine surgery, foot and ankle surgery, hand and upper extremity surgery, trauma fracture care, and arthroscopic surgery.
He continues to attend continuing medical education courses yearly and has been a valued Team Physician for LaSalle University.
In October 2021, Dr. Phillips and his wife welcomed their first daughter.
Common Conditions & Procedures
- Total Shoulder Replacement/Arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic: Rotator Cuff Repair, Biceps Tenodesis
- Operative and Nonoperative: Humerus, Elbow, Wrist, and Hand Fractures
- Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrom
- Tendon Lacerations: Hand and Wrist
- Golfer and Tennis Elbow Treatment
- Osteoarthritis: Hand and Elbow
- Cyst/Mass Removal
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- View our Hand/Wrist Page
- View our Shoulder Page
- View our Elbow Page
Note: Dr. Phillips will see pediatric patients starting at age 5 and up.
Training & Education
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Fellowship, Hand & Upper Extremity
- Mercy Health Residency, Youngtown Ohio
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Medical School
- Slippery Rock University, B.S., Biological Sciences
- St. Bonaventure University, Studied Biological Sciences
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Hackensack Meridian Health: JFK University Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Health: Ocean University Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Health: Raritan Bay Medical Center
- CentraState Healthcare: Atlantic Health
- Northern Monmouth Regional Surgery Center
- Surgical Institute of Neptune
- Dr. Phillips will be seeing patients in Edison, Red Bank, and Brick Township, NJ.
Wall, Brick, Toms River, Freehold, Red Bank, Lacey, Edison, Old Bridge and Manahawkin
Orthopedic Urgent Care (OUCH)
Wall, New Jersey