Meet Dr. Wong
Fellowship-Trained, Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Specializing in Sports Medicine | Arthroscopy of the Knee and Shoulder
Dr. Wong is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of sports related injuries, knee and shoulder surgery. Additionally, he treats arthritis involving the hip, knee and shoulder with the latest advances in total joint replacements. He completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at UMDNJ/Rowan University and followed with a fellowship in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at Temple University Hospital – during which he participated in the care of the Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers and Temple Owls. He has advanced training in both arthroscopic knee and shoulder reconstruction. He served as team physician for multiple local high schools.
Dr. Wong is committed to providing excellent musculoskeletal care while maintaining a meaningful doctor-patient relationship. Drawing from his experience at one of the top research universities, he practices medicine using the best evidence available. Furthermore, he is constantly staying current with the latest technologies and innovations in orthopedic care in order to most optimally treat each problem. He hopes that all patients will feel as if their experience is worthwhile and informative, that personal concerns are considered in determining a treatment plan and that questions are sufficiently answered. He strives to accomplish these goals while being conscious and respectful of each patient’s time.
Titles and Certifications
- Board Certified – American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certified – National Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Diplomate of The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Training & Education
- Fellowship: Temple University Hospital
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rowan University
- Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/Rowan University
- DO, University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences/Des Moines University
- BS – Biological Sciences, University of Southern California
- Hackensack Meridian Health Southern Ocean Medical Center
“Fortuitous Diagnosis of Iliac Osteomyelitis: Septic Arthritis of the Hip in the Neonate,” Duffy,T., Kruse, R., Massood,S., Wong,J., Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, Vol. 12, Num. 12, December 1998, pg. 689-692.
Wall, Brick, Toms River, Freehold, Red Bank, Lacey, Edison, Old Bridge and Manahawkin
Orthopedic Urgent Care (OUCH)
Wall, New Jersey