Knee pain is aggravating at best and debilitating at worst. The key to effective knee pain treatment is an accurate diagnosis. At The Orthopaedic Institute of Central Jersey, our Board Certified and Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Specialists are the most qualified medical professional to diagnose knee pain, find the cause and prescribe an effective treatment plan.
Today’s knee pain treatment options are more numerous and effective than ever before.
A Customized Knee Pain Treatment Plan
A step-by-step approach is used to make an accurate diagnosis. First, a medical and injury history is obtained. Next, a physical examination is performed. Last, medical imaging studies are ordered and analyzed.
A customized treatment plan that reduces symptoms, treats the injury/condition and accommodates the patient’s lifestyle is prescribed. Nonsurgical treatment options include:
· Activity modification. Stopping or changing activities that cause symptoms.
· Anti-inflammatory medications. Oral and topical medications that reduce inflammation and pain.
· Brace. A removable brace supports the knee during physical activity.
· Rest and ice. Taking a break from exercise and physical activity and applying ice to the knee.
· Physical therapy. Knee stretching and strengthening exercises.
Minimally invasive treatment options include:
· Corticosteroid injections. An anti-inflammatory and anesthetic medication is injected into the knee for fast-acting symptom relief.
· Platelet-rich plasma injections. Blood is taken from the patient and its healing component, platelets, is removed and injected into the knee. Symptom relief is rapid and significant.
· Arthroscopic knee surgery. An arthroscopic camera is inserted into the knee and tiny instruments are used to treat injuries and restore normal knee anatomy.
Making an Appointment with One of Our Knee Specialists
At the Orthopaedic Institute of Central Jersey, our highly trained knee specialists, Dr. John Tozzi, Dr. Michael Sclafani, Dr. Anthony Petrosini, Dr. Toby Husserl, Dr. Gregory Roehrig and Dr. Nicholas Jarmon are experts in diagnosing and treating knee pain.
If you are having symptoms in your knee, we encourage you to contact our office to make an appointment at our convenient locations in Wall, Toms River, Freehold, Red Bank, and coming soon to Edison.