Dr. Glasser treats patients with musculoskeletal and sports-related injuries. She has considerable interest and expertise in providing non-surgical musculoskeletal
Her interests include acute injuries and overuse injuries among athletes of all levels, including acute and chronic tendon and ligament injuries.
She is also trained in musculoskeletal ultrasound which assists in diagnosis and management of injuries. Ultrasound-guided injections can also improve accuracy and decrease pain.
Dr. Glasser is committed to the whole patient and wants to optimize a safe and quick return to sport and activities.
After Dr. Glasser performs a careful history and physical examination, she will obtain appropriate diagnostic tests such as x-rays, MRI, and CT scans. When needed she will perform muscle and nerve studies called EMG/NCV (electromyography). She takes a conservative approach to treatment, with a strong emphasis on individual exercise programs for specific problems and injury prevention programs.
Areas of Interest
- Nonsurgical treatment of sports injuries
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Prescribing physical therapy
- Trigger point injections
- Sacro-iliac (SI) joint injections
- Tendon sheath, bursa, and joint injections
- Acute injuries (such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries)
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis/tendinosis and stress fractures)
- Running injuries
- Cycling Injuries
- Joint injections/aspirations for osteoarthritis and pain
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- Pre-participation physical examination
- Back pain
- Herniated disc
- Knee/non-surgical treatment
- Neck pain
- Radiculopathy (“pinched nerves”)
- Shoulder pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Tennis elbow
- Patellar tendinosis
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- College: Emory University 1984-1988
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta GA 1988-1992
- Internal medicine: Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA 1992-1993
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency: UMDNJ/ Kessler 1993-1996
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 1997-2007, recertified 2007-2017
- Sports Medicine Subspecialty Board Certified 2012-2022
- American Board of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, 2001-2011, recertified 2011-2021
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, ARDMS, 2014-2024
- Named a ‘Top Doctor’ by NJ Top Docs – 2017
- Recognized for Excellence in Patient Satisfaction – Talk of the Town News
- Invited Content Expert, American Board of Family Medicine. Assisted in the development of the passing standard for the 2013 Sports Medicine Examination.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
Dr. Glasser enjoys running, cycling, swimming, yoga, triathlons, surfing, dancing, and photography.